BlackBerry smartphones have eBay application (video)
Stay connected to everything that’s important to you on eBay from almost anywhere with the eBay® app for BlackBerry® smartphones. Follow the action or close a sale – even when you’re away from your computer.
– Receive alerts when there’s a change in an item’s status2
– View and reply to messages sent by buyers
– Get calendar reminders and email notifications for listing end dates
– Pay for an item using PayPal®3
– Search by keyword, item number, category, price and more
– Review your sale items, view items that have sold, and relist items
– 1000KB of available app memory
– BlackBerry Internet Bundle browsing capabilities
– BlackBerry® Device Software Version 4.5 or later (to find your software version, click Options on the smartphone Home screen, then click About)
– An eBay account (create an eBay account by visiting www.eBay.com) – A PayPal account to purchase items (create an account by visiting www.PayPal.com)
eBay application allows sellers to relist items directly within app; buyers can access more information about sellers
san Jose, Calif. and Waterloo, Ont. – Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), a world leader in wireless innovation, and eBay, a global leader in mobile commerce and the world’s largest online marketplace, today jointly announced that the free eBay Application for BlackBerry® smartphones is immediately available on BlackBerry App World™ in six more countries: Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.* The application is also now officially available to North American BlackBerry smartphone users after a successful beta preview period.
”We are thrilled to be extending eBay’s mobile presence to millions of BlackBerry smartphone users around the globe,” said Steve Yankovich, vice president of platform business solutions and mobile at eBay Inc. ”When developing any mobile application, we take into account the unique features and advantages of the device to better meet our customers’ needs. With BlackBerry’s Push Service and multi-tasking technology, eBay buyers and sellers are able to stay up-to-date on great deals and sales.”
With the eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones, users can search, bid, buy and check their eBay buying and selling activity virtually anywhere. The application leverages the BlackBerry® Push Service to allow users to be wirelessly notified of the status of eBay listings in real-time. With alerts, eBay buyers can be notified when they have won an item or have been outbid, or if a listing on their Watch List is ending soon. Further, eBay sellers can be notified when a sale ends and will be provided with buyer information and the sale price. All notifications are directed to the user’s BlackBerry® Email inbox and, because the BlackBerry OS supports multi-tasking, users can simply click the email notification to automatically launch or switch to the eBay application.
“The idea of making eBay listings more conveniently accessible and manageable on BlackBerry smartphones is a ‘natural’, and the seamless mobile experience enabled by the unique push-based BlackBerry platform provides a perfect complement to the purchase process,” said Alan Brenner, senior vice president, BlackBerry Platform at Research In Motion.
The official eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones includes features such as:
· Add to Calendar – Add the end time for listings to the BlackBerry Calendar and set reminders
· Daily Deals – View limited time bargains on popular items, where items are often over 50% off the original price and include free shipping**
· My eBay – Access personal eBay activity including Watched items, Bids, Sales, Saved Searches and Favorite Sellers
· Member Messages – Receive and reply to messages and emails sent through My eBay
· Payments – PayPal account users can purchase items within the application***
· Re-List Items – Re-list items for sale when current listing ends with no sale
· Sort Search Results by Distance – Sort search results by distance from location (up to
As a leading force in global mobile commerce, eBay Inc. is expected to generate $1.5 billion in gross merchandise volume (GMV) in 2010 through its mobile platforms. With the international availability of the eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones, more mobile shoppers will have access to the 200+ million listings across eBay’s global marketplace. Today, over half of eBay’s mobile GMV comes from outside the United States.
For more information on the eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones, please visit www.blackberry.com/ebay.
To view a demo of the eBay application for BlackBerry, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDB2XVLKd0
The eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones is free and is now available on BlackBerry App World in North America, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom (www.blackberry.com/appworld).
*The eBay application supports BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS version 4.5 or higher and requires a BlackBerry service plan that includes Internet access. The application also requires access to a wireless network.
**Daily Deals are currently only available on Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and United States versions of the eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones.
***Purchasing items in the eBay Application for BlackBerry smartphones with PayPal is only available in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
About eBay Inc.
For more information on eBay mobile, visit www.ebay.com/mobile.