Samsung Galaxy S3 Quadrant, SunSpider and BrowserMark benchmark results
Is the last days, I did some comparison test between the most popular smartphones of the moment (HTC One S, One X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy SII, Galaxy SIII and Sony Xperia S). All smartphones have been tested using Quadrant, SunSpider and BrowserMark software. Below, you can see the results.
SunSpider Samsung Galaxy S3 results
BrowserMark Samsung Galaxy S3 results
|Samsung Galaxy S III||5653||Samsung Galaxy S III||1482||Samsung Galaxy S III||169705|
|HTC One S||5016||HTC One S||1718||Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1||113252|
|HTC One X||4843||HTC One X||1746||Samsung Galaxy S II||111875|
|Samsung Galaxy Note||3535||Samsung Galaxy S II||1842||Samsung Galaxy Nexus||103588|
|Sony Xperia S||3113||Samsung Galaxy Nexus||1865||HTC One S||98445|
|Samsung Galaxy S II||3065||Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1||1895||HTC One X||96823|
|Samsung Galaxy Nexus||2327||Apple iPhone 4S||2219||Apple iPhone 4S||88735|
|Sony Xperia S||2582||Sony Xperia S||74957|
|HTC Sensation XE||4408||HTC Sensation XE||72478|
As you can see, the new Galaxy SIII stands out clearly against its main competitors, HTC One S, One X, Sony Xperia S or iPhone 4S.
When will be available on the market, Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available with two version of internal memory, 16 and 32GB, and soon we could buy a version with 64GB internal storage.
About connectivity, Galaxy S3 is compatible with 3G and 4G networks in countries where this networks are available, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth v4.0.
With Galaxy S3, Samsung has launched some new stuffs:
- S Voice – is similar with Siri from Apple. With S Voice you can control with voice your phone, dictate text messages or emails, you can enter new tasks in calendar or snooze the alarm by simply dictating the word snooze;
- another new feature of Galaxy S3 is Direct Call – if you read a text message and then put the phone on your ear, this function will automatically launch an call to the sender of that message, with the proximity sensor help.
of Galaxy S3 smartphone:
- Display: 4.8-inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 2;
- Memory: 1GB of RAM;
- Camera: 8-megapixels rear camera with autofocus, LED flash capable to record videos at 1080p resolution with 30 fps; 1.9 megapixels front-end camera capable to record 720p videos with 30 fps;
- Software: Dropbox (50GB storage), SNS integration, DivX, XviD codecs, TV-Out, Document editor;
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm;
- Weight: 133 grams;
- Battery: Li-Ion 2100 mAh.
Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available in UK starting with May 30, on Vodafone, Orange and O2 carriers. Vodafone and Orange offer the Galaxy S3 for free with a 2-year contract costing at least £38.50/month (for 800 minutes, 3000 texts) and £36/month respectively (for 600 minutes, 3000 texts). If you chose the O2 carrier, you must pay £99 and after that £37/month for unlimited text messages and 600 minutes. All prices are for version with 16GB of Samsung Galaxy S3.
For US customers, Samsung make a special website page for updates. You can enter your personal information to be sure you keep up to date with latest news about Galaxy S3 in your country.