Rumor: Nexus Prime specs 9mm thin, runs Android 4.0 IceCream Sandwich
It’s very possible that very soon we’ll see the next Google smartphone with a brand new OS rumored from some time, called the Ice Cream Sandwich, the 4.0 version of Android.
The features that this new Nexus Prime smartphone from Google will include are:
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass;
- Runs of Android Ice cream sandwich (ver.4.0);
- Measuring 9mm thin;
- Powered by TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocking at 1.2GHz;
- 1 GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage;
- 5-megapixel main camera and 1.3-megapixel front camera;
- High-definition 1080p video capture support;
- LTE/HSPA support;
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n;
- NFC support;
- Powered by 1750mAh battery.
After reading through the specs, it’s clear that there will not be a very powerful smartphone compared with the other smartphones launched so far. The 1.5GHz processors have been implemented foe a while on a few smartphones and the 1.2GHz that the Nexus Prime features it’s to slow to be compared with the Galaxy S2 HD LTE for example, which has about the same specifications with the next Google Smartphone, but features a small camera and slower CPU. A few other powerful smartphones are the HTC Sensation XE and the HTC Amaze 4G.
Samsung Nexus Prime is expected to be released on Samsung Unpached event that will take place on October 11.