Swype is available for Symbian S60 5th
Five Nokia devices with Symbian S60 5th can now support the Swype technology, which allows you to write fast messages (over 40 words per minute) without picking up your finger from display.
This application is in the Beta version and is compatible with five Nokia devices: 5800, 5230, X6, N97, and N97 mini. For the moment, Swype Beta for Symbian include support for English US, Spanish, Canadian French, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
How to install Swype on my phone?
It’s very simple. You can install Swype app via Nokia PC suite or SD card. After installation, restart your device and you’re done. If you are upgrading from Alpha Labs/ Backstage, unistall the old version and reboot the device before installing the Beta.
The features list of Swype Beta for Symbian include:
– Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
– Use a stylus or finger – Swype’s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
– Double Tap Editing – Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
– Auto Spelling Correction
– Automatic Help – Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
– Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
– 65,000-word Learning Dictionary – Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn’t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
If you want to try this application, download for free directly from Nokia Beta Labs.