Software update for Nexus S: Android 2.3.2 GRH78C (manually install)
Good news Nexus S owners. Today, Google started pushing a new software update for Nexus S, the Android 2.3.2 update also known as the GRH78C.
We know it’s just a minor update, but it is meant to fix certain bugs. If you haven’t got the OTA update notification yet, you can install it manually by following the instructions posted below.
How to install the Android 2.3.2 update (GRH78C) on your Nexus S:
– first of all, download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
– then copy the file into your phone’s sdcard. There is no need to rename it update.zip because Nexus S can flash any file
– power off your phone.
– hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
– use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP button.
– now you should see the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
– find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
– the final step is to wait to complete the update and then select “reboot system now”