Software update for Nexus One: Android 2.2.1 (how to manually install)
A new OTA update, this time for Nexus One is rolling out and the good news is that you can manually install it right now. The build number of this update is FRG83 and the version is Android 2.2.1.
For the manually install of Android 2.2.1 follow the next steps:
1. Download the official Android 2.2.1 firmware for the Nexus One from Google’s server here.
2. Copy the file to the root directory (aka not inside any folder) of your microSD card and name it update.zip (newb warning: not update.zip.zip)
3. Power off your phone.
4. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
5. Wait for your phone to load the skating Androids screen. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
6. When you see the “/!” symbol, press the POWER button and the VOLUME UP button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
7. Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
8. When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
After the update, some of the Nexus One’s owners had some minor issues on Swype, Swiftkey and with the 3rd party keyboards, but maybe you’re lucky and you won’t experienced any trouble. So after you install this update let us know what you think and if you experienced any issues.
[Via Android and Me]