Software update for Motorola Droid X: Froyo 2.2.13
An unofficial update for Motorola Droid X has been leaked on the web. This update appears on MyDroidWorld forums and contains the needed files for update and the steps you need to follow for install.
First you must download the file from this link.
To install the 2.1.13 update
1. Restart your phone via Koush bootstrap into Recovery Mode
2. Wipe data as well as your cache
3. Select mounts and storage
4. If it fails to install the first time — Select format system
5. Select mount system
6. Back out by pressing Power button
7. Select install zip from SD card
8. Select choose zip from SD card
9. Find and select this zip file
10. First boot of your device may take up to 5 minutes
11. Go into Kosh bootstrap and redo the bootstrap
After following these instructions your Droid X should now run the 2.3.13 version of Froyo and can still be rooted. If you lose root you can re-root your device using this method.