TweetDeck released a test version of their application, TweetDeck v 1.0.3. If you want to install this new version, the first thing you have to do is to uninstall the previous version of this app and then install v 1.0.3.
What is new in TweetDeck 1.0.3 for Android:
– Landscape mode for all update detail views – Added support for Twitpic – Manual bit.ly shortening – Allow for dismissing Places notification – Fix faving tweets on 3g in France – Allow old style RTs for protected users – Support FB Single Sign On – Allow users to delete DMs that are sent to them – Likes and comments on FB photos should stay in app – Several bug fixes and performance improvements
Today was launched Skype for Android, a new mobile application meant to make your live easier.
You can now enjoy Skype directly on your smartphone via Wi-Fi or data connections like GPRS, EDGE and 3G but you’re device must run Android 2.1 OS or higher.
Some features of Skype for Android include:
– Make low rate Skype calls to landline or mobile phones – Send and receive instant messages to one or a group of friends on Skype – Synchronize contacts between Skype and the native address book and after synchronization place Skype calls directly from the native address book. – See when Skype contacts are online and available to call or chat – Easily import names and numbers to the Skype application from the native address book – Receive calls on their Skype online number
Although not all Android phones are compatible with Skype, including the Samsung Galaxy S (which has some minor issues), there are a lot more smartphones with Android 2.1 or higher that have already been tested and supports Skype: HTC Desire, HTC Legend, Google Nexus One, Motorola Milestone XT720, and Motorola Milestone.
Skype for Android supports the following languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian, Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese.
Skype for Android is already available for download via Android Market.
Your ads will be inserted here by
Easy Plugin for AdSense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to Paste your ad code OR Suppress this ad slot.
Even though there are a lot of SMS popup applications for Android, two xda members wanted to do something new and a little different.
So, they decided to create their own app, the SMS Notifier which brings a new lightweight solution with options for privacy settings.
This app brings a lot of features like:
– Shows number of unread messages in notification bar. – Adjustable level of privacy. – Customisable sound, vibration and LED notifications. – Possibility to change the icon in the notification bar. – On screen preview of new incoming messages. – Notification reminder system. – Quiet hours feature. – Designed for low battery consumption.
SMS Notifier is available for free download via Android Market or directly from this link.
All of us would like to have a professional camera, but what if you can take the same great shots just with your Android device?
This can be possible thanks to Camera 360 Pro app, which allows you to take some amazing shots in any moment and every place you are.
Camera 360 Pro features:
– “Tap to Focus.”
– Photo selection alteration, allowing one to select of a certain area in a photo after taking it and adding features to your selection.
– The ability to add background scenery, take photos in fish eye style, photo symmetry, Andy Warhol-style 4 color tiles, HDR -simulations (Light and Heavy), and even “Ghost Mode.”
– Zooming supported and is done using the volume rocker.
– If your device supports it, Camera 360 Pro will take advantage of your GPS chip for Geo-tagging and the phone’s Flash for low light situations.
– The ability to delete, save or send, and if you touch the image it shows the original image and when you release your finger it switches back to edited image.
You can see below a great picture taken with Camera 360 Pro on an Android device (HTC Hero) by cloudplasma.
Camera 360 Pro is priced at $3.99 and you can download it from AppBrain or by scanning the QR code below. Let us know how it works and what you like or dislike about it.
Via press release, Opera announced today the 5.1 version of its browser for Windows Mobile devices.
The new version comes after the 5.1 release for Android, Java and BlackBerry devices. The 5.1 version is available for Windows Mobile 2003 SE, 5.x and 6.x.
See below the list of updates:
– The ability to set Opera Mini as the default browser
– Support for devices with high-resolution (high DPI)
– Improved page layout and font rendering
– Support for auto-rotation
– Advanced configuration support for power users
“Opera Mini 5.1 contains several key improvements for the millions of people with a Windows Mobile phone,” said Jon von Tetzchner, Co-founder, Opera Software. “The new Opera Mini is particularly vibrant and really takes advantage of high resolution screens. And, now that you can set Opera Mini as your default browser on a Windows Mobile phone, it is much easier to enjoy the speed boost and data compression. It is our way of making your Windows Mobile phone better.”
This version of Opera 5.1 for Windows Mobile is available for free download. You must visit m.opera.com on your phone’s browser, and Opera will automatically select the optimized version for your phone.
Target released a new Android app to provide users the ability to check and look for different items at their local stores.
The main screen of Target app provides three ways to view the Target app content. It allows you to view the weekly deals of a store, clearance items and college essentials. With this app you can view one item’s availability at your local store, and you can even purchase that item directly from Target application.
Another feature of this new version of Target app is the barcode scanner, which you can use to find out the price for a specific item, but this doesn’t mean it features the same price comparison structure as other barcodes applications.
Target app is available for download via Android Market or you can simply scan the QR code below:
In this article you can find out how to check the internet connectivity, see the speed of your mobile device and compare it with other speed test results on iPhone or Android phone.
Before the smartphone revolution, I’m sure you test the internet speed connection of your desktop PC on speedtest.net website. This site is specially created to find the speed connection in almost every country and in various places.
For mobile phones, developers launch a dedicated app for all iPhone and Android devices. The app works just like on your PC and shows you the ping in milliseconds to a selected location, the download speed in kbps and the upload speed in kbps. You can test your 3G or Wi-Fi connectivity in few moments.
The Android application can show you the results in kbps, Mbps or kB/s, show a short history of your test, your internal and external IP address.
To get the speedtest application for your Android device scan the below QR code.
The application for iPhone works just like the Android app and you can download it for free from iTunes.
Speedtest.net is the most popular website for testing the internet speed connection. Every day, people make over one million tests.
For those of you engineers or students that work with AutoCAD, here are some great news, Audtodesk announced the AutoCAD WS free app for iPhone and iPad.
“The extension of AutoCAD to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is a big step in Autodesk’s efforts to accelerate design and make design more accessible for an ever-greater number of people so they can shape the world around them.” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president.
With AutoCAD WS you will be able to edit and share AutoCAD projects on iPhone or iPad for a better real-time collaboration wherever you are.
This app will be available worldwide and if you want to purchase or find out more details about AutoCAD WS visit Autodesk.
A new app for your iPhone has been launched, this time from Clicker.com. I have to say it’s quite good, you just can’t get bored if you have it on your iPhone.
Clicker allows you to download, watch and discuss about 1.800 web shows, which include about 200.000 episodes and if you want to see something else, or you’re bored of those 200.000 episodes, 12.000 additional shows are waiting for you on iTunes.
The Hulu Plus and Netflix apps will soon be available for iPhone, because it seems these two apps are necessarily for watching those videos. With Clicker app you can check out the latest shows, see your friends activity and what they are watching.
Clicker app is compatible with iOS devices, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and will be available on AppStore later this quarter.
Finally! Google updated the Mobile Application for iOS devices, now all of them have push notification support.
With this new update you will not miss any important mail. Now all emails and reminders from Google Calendar event will appear in the right of your home screen. With some new features, Google App will show you faster informations about weather, flight and more.
You can get this new update of Google Mobile Application for your iPhone from AppStore “Google Mobile App” or visit the iTunes link.