A few weeks ago Sony Ericsson has announced the latest Android 2.3.4 update but unfortunately just for a few countries in northern Europe. Now it’s time for this tasty Gingerbread to make a global roll-out for all Sony Ericsson Xperia devices.
The update comes with some major improvements and enhancements, beside the traditional features of the 2.3.4 update:
- World’s first 3D Sweep Panorama functionality powered by Sony
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- 3D panoramic mode for the camera
- 16x video zoom
- WiFi DLNA
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone
- SE’s new LiveDock compatibility
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality
- The ability to turn the Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. So, you just connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI, and you’ll witness a big screen experience.
These lucky Xperia handsets that will receive the Android 2.3.4 update are the Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia ray, Xperia active, Xperia neo V, Xperia arc S and the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman. This firmware will be released for both the unlocked devices and most of carrier-branded handsets.
If you want to find more about this new upgrade check out the next video released by Sony Ericsson, a great presentation about all the benefits of this new Android 2.3.4 upgrade.