Software update for Motorola FLIPSIDE AT&T: Android 2.2 released
Good news for all FLIPSIDE owners, Motorola has recently launched the Android 2.2 OS update for your device.
This update is available for download from Motorola website and needs approximately 100 MB of free space on the microSD card. To make room for the new features from this upgrade, internal phone storage will be permanently reduced by approximately 40 MB.
How to upgrade Motorola FLIPSIDE to Android 2.2
1. Backup important user information you may need after your upgrade. This includes items such as contacts, downloaded applications, and text messages.
2. If your phone version is Blur_Version.1.23.20.MB508.ATT.en.US, click here.
3. Download the file and save to your computer “Blur_Version.2.159.17.MB508.ATT.en.US.zip“. Once downloaded, you can connect your phone.
4. Ensure your phone screen is unlocked, connect the USB cable to your PC and your phone, a “USB connection” notification will appear on the screen of your phone. Tap and pull down the notification bar at the top of the screen and tap “USB connection” then select “Memory card access“. The drive will appear under “My Computer” as a “Removable Disk“.
5. On your computer, go to the location where the software was downloaded. Drag and drop the download zip file onto your microSD. It must be at the top level of the microSD card (it cannot be in a sub-folder).
6. Wait until copying is done and unmount SD Card from your computer.
– For Windows, select the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the System Tray, then select Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device, you will see a notification stating Safe To Remove Hardware;
– For MACs, select the Eject button in the Finder next to the SD Card Device;
7. Unplug your USB cable from your phone.
8. Go to Menu -> Settings, scroll down and select About Phone -> System Updates. After a couple of minutes, your device will confirm that the update is available. The Copy prompt will appear (select “Copy“). The Install Update prompt will appear. Select “Install Now“.
9. Your device will power off and display installation progress.
Note: After upgrading, some widgets and shortcuts used in Version 2.1 may not work. For example, widgets for Music and Youtube as well as shortcuts for Dialer application, Music application, MobileBank application, Gmail label, Contact, Direction&Navigation and bookmark may not work.You may need to re-add them.