Software Update for Motorola Atrix: version 4.1.57
A new software update is now available for Motorola Atrix, the 4.1.57 version. This new update is available over the air, but unfortunately it won’t fix the pathetically slow data upload speeds or the voice quality issues that some users are experiencing with the Atrix 4G.
This new 4.1.57 update for Atrix 4G will bring a number of bug fixes and enhancements including:
– Fingerprint reader – Improved fingerprint reader performance
– Battery- Improved battery performance for longer battery life
– Screen – Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger
– Phone stability – Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
– Car dock – Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm jack
Motorola has noticed that Atrix 4G users should make sure that the device has minimum 50% battery level when performing the update once the notification hits their phones.
You can grab this update by going to Settings – About phone – System updates – and click Download. After a few minutes you can hit the Install button when the pop-up appears, and just wait.