Software update for Droid 2: V 2.3.20
Tonight, some lucky Droid 2 owners will receive a software update, the V 2.3.20 which brings a lot of improvements and enhancements including:
– Improved battery life.
– Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
– View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
– Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
– Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
– Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
– Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
– Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
– Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
– Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
– Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
– Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
– New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
– Export all your contacts to the SD card.
– View details of Social Networking contacts.
– VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.
The 2.3.20 update for Droid 2 is going to be available at midnight, and all you have to do is check for an update request on your Droid 2 in the About -> System -> System Updates page.