Android 2.2 Froyo for HTC Legend available on Vodafone Australia on March 25
Good news for all HTC Legend Owners, Vodafone Australia will offer starting tomorrow the version 2.2 of Android OS for your smartphone.
“We can now safely say that from 12PM the 25th of March all customers (3 and Vodafone) using a HTC Legend will start getting a notification to update the firmware version to Android 2.2 (Froyo),” the mobile phone carrier notes on the said blog post. “We would recommend downloading the upgrade within a good- strong 3G coverage zone zone (full 3G HSPA coverage) and have a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY. (This should take between 7-10 mins as the file is approx 85MB in size),” the carrier continues.
The Android 2.2 Froyo for HTC Legend brings some new features and improvements:
– Adds a new refined Google search tool to your home screen saving time and data usage
– You can use your device as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot
– You can use your device as a flashlight
– You can recommend apps from your phone to friends
– Change language settings on your device on the fly
– Easier SMS functions to improve your experience