Android 2.1 for Xperia X10 delayed to next month
Unfortunately i have bad news for all Xperia X10, Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini PRO owners, because Sony Ericsson delayed the Android 2.1 update for Xperia X10 untill the end of October.
So, even though in a previous post we announced the Xperia X10 Android 2.1 update for this month, it seems Sony Ericsson changed their mind.
Officials announced the reason of this delayed update: “we have had to spend some additional time on the software to really makes sure we roll-out with the right quality and user experience.“
The future Android 2.1 update for your Xperia X10 will bring:
– HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
– Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
– New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
– 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
– Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
For Xperia X10 mini and x10 mini pro:
– Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
– New backup and restore application with extended content back up
– Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
– Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
– Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1