How to unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and 3GS without jailbreak
We’ve found some interesting news related to the unlock of the so popular and debated iPhone 4S. Seems that the new iOS 5 allows some cool tricks so that the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and 3GS devices can be unlocked quite easily without the need of using the jailbreak.
But you may wonder how can this be possible? Well, seems that the new iOS 5 features a cute little bug that allows a way to carrier unlock the AT&T version of the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS without the need to jailbreak or damage any hardware pieces. This trick will allow you to use your iOS device on the T-Mobile network with Edge speeds, event though in the US this is still a popular avenue for a lot of the iPhone users.
So, if you want to try to unlock your iPhone 4S or 3GS you would need a T-Mobile MicroSIM card, but if you don’t you can cut one down to the same size as a MicroSIM and follow the next steps:
– Insert original carrier AT&T SIM cardDial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
– Turn on Airplane Mode
– Take out AT&T SIM card
– Insert T-Mobile SIM card
– Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
– Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
– Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
– EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
– Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
– Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
– When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
– Eject SIM card
– Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
– Insert SIM card
So, if you’re convinced and want to give it a try, you should know that is a great working unlock solution, but it won’t survive a reboot of your iPhone. So, let us know how it works!