Google has just removed 21 Malware Apps from the Android Market, that have already reached an impressive number of +50.000 downloads.
These apps seemed to be a pirated version of other apps that were already available on the market, and all of them were released by the same developer called Myournet.
The problem was already solved but you might want to check in the list below to see if you have downloaded any of the following apps from Myournet:
– Falling Down
– Super Guitar Solo
– Super History Eraser
– Photo Editor
– Super Ringtone Maker
– Super Sex Positions
– Hot Sexy Videos
– Hilton Sex Sound
– Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls
– Falling Ball Dodge
– Scientific Calculator
– Dice Roller
– Advanced Currency Converter
– APP Uninstaller
– Funny Paint
– Spider Man
Starting today, an extensive library of official music videos from artists including Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West and U2 arrives on the YouTube 2.0 app for Android. If you want to update the app, and watch these videos on your Android device you have to run Android 2.2 (Froyo).
You can manually install YouTube 2.0 app by searching for ‘YouTube’ in Android Market and downloading the latest version.
YouTube 2.0 app features:
– Music videos are now clearly marked with a ‘music note’ badge
– While enjoying the video you can read ‘artist bio’
– It’s easy to discover more tracks from the same artist using ‘artist tracks’ tab
– You’ll find similar cool bands on the ‘related artists’ tab
A new great app has been released in Android Market, the VEVO app for devices with firmware 2.1 and higher.
I’m sure you have heard before about VEVO on YouTube. It has a huge collection of music videos and exclusive content with 7,500 artists in more than 25,000 music videos collected on their services.
The VEVO app arrives in Android Market with a beautiful design and a few cool feature such as:
• Access VEVO’s entire music video catalog – 25,000 videos from more than 7,500 of your favorite artists • Features include: exclusive videos, premieres, top charts, top playlists, artists on tour & VEVO original music programming • Share any video easily with friends via Twitter & Email • Purchase your favorite music from Amazon • Use Voice Control to search your favorite artist and/or song • Have fun with music trivia before watching each video
VEVO for Android will work over 3G network connections, and if you want a higher quality music video experience, you can access it via Wi-Fi or 4G networks.
A nice web browser app for Android smartphones was released in Android Market. Its name is Dolphin Browser Mini v1.0.
See below the main features of Dolphin Browser Mini V1.0
– We’ve made several improvements to Dolphin Mini’s interface by refining the menu style and toolbox design, changing the tab menu location (now beside address bar), etc. – We add Data backup and restore feature(in toolbox) in case that losing relevant data when you reset your phone or uninstall our app. – We add quick access to clean data (in toolbox) and simplify the layout of dolphin settings. – We add Bookmarks Label. Now you can label each bookmark and see all the bookmarks that have a certain label. – We add flash plugin and remain “on demand” option as default. If you want the flash on website to load directly, you can set the option remain “always on”. – Press and hold the address bar, and you get a pop-up of useful options — “Add Bookmark,” “Select Text,” “Copy URL,” “Share,” “Save Page.” Here we add another option “paste”.
Probably the best android web browser i have tested on my phone, the Dolphin Browser Mini V1.0 is free for download from via Android Market.
All features of Winamp 5.6 Media Player are available in Winamp for Android 2.1 and above, now with SOUTHcast support.
What is new in version 0.9.2 of Winamp beta:
– Wireless Desktop Sync – no need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind. Now your playlists are also synced wirelessly – SHOUTcast Radio – extend your listening experience beyond your own library. Search, Favorite and play over 40,000 internet radio stations – Android Widget Players & Shortcuts – now in addition to the standard widget there is a new smaller (4×1) widget. You can also add your favorite playlists to your Android home screen, as well as enable playback control from the lock-screen – Now Playing – displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store (requires that these additional apps are installed on your device). Get Artist information like bios, pictures, and more by clicking on the info icon. – Persistent Player Controls – intuitive interface with player controls that are always available. Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what’s playing and access the Winamp Home screen. – Play Queue Management – the play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily see what’s playing next, jump ahead or change the order of tracks in your queue. And if you like, save it as a playlist.
– Scrobbling – supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capture all of your mobile listening history in real time.
This Winamp version 0.9.2 is available in Brazilian, Portuguese, English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian and Russian languages.
You can download the free Winamp beta v0.9.2 for Android from winamp.com/android or by scanning the below QR code.
The Rhapsody 2.0 version is now available for Android and brings some new additions and bug fixes.
New features of Rhapsody 2.0 for Android:
“– Download and offline playback of your playlists! – Download playlists and manage your downloads through the My Playlists menu. – New toolbar with download and other options on the playlist screen. – Offline mode displaying unique UI and available menu items. – Settings: Clear Pending Downloads from the My Playlists menu; Force Offline Mode or Remove All Downloads from the Settings screen. – A completely refreshed user interface. – Artist Radio available right from the Artist screen, and a new “Search Artist Stations” option. – High-resolution album art (when available for specific releases).”
Great news for Android owners, Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is now available for all of you and brings some great features and full functionality.
Some of these feature include: Opera Turbo for “better browsing on slow or congested networks“, Speed Dial and geolocation support.
“Android users now have a better choice when it comes to using a browser on their mobile devices,” said the CEO of Opera Software. “With Opera’s new browser for Android, we give users the opportunity to access the Web, using the best tools available.”
Opera Mobile 10.1 beta for Android is free and you can download it by visiting m.opera.com/next on your Android device, from Android Market or scanning the QR code below.
One of the most wanted apps for Android was released today. This app is called Evernote 2.0 and brings some great features and improvements like:
“– New Home screen – cleaner and more intuitive with fast access to your notes. It also displays synchronization status. – New Search interface – the Search magnifying glass is now visible at the top of every screen so you can quickly jump to Search from anywhere. The Search screen lets you create new searches, view previous ones, access saved searches and search for things near your current location. Furthermore, once you get the results, you can filter down the list of tags, notebooks, saved and previous searches. – New views, more options – there’s a little tab at the bottom of the note screen, tapping which will display all the notes in your current search. From here you can also swipe left and right through the thumbnails to quickly switch between notes. Very cool! – Easier sorting and browsing – you can group notes by notebook, location, or month and use the scroller to switch between sections. Moreover, you can also tap and hold on any of the notes in the list to quickly access note options like Edit, Delete, Note info, Email, Map view, Tagging and more. – Offline notebooks for Premium users – the single most requested feature is now available for the Android users, too (it was an iPhone thing only until this release). – Simpler note creation and multiple attachments – you can attach anything to your notes, images, PDF and audio files included. Google Search will now search through your Evernote notes! – Ability to make multiple Evernote shortcuts on the homescreen. You can link some specific note and/or note search(es) to the homescreen. – Evernote widget is also improved and is now even easier to access to creating notes, searching, or just jumping to the Evernote home screen.”
You can download for free Evernote 2.0 for Android and also, the Evernote accounts with the service are free.
Download Evernote 2.0 for Android by scanning the QR code below
Google announced the beta version of Google Instant for Mobile in the US for most Android and iPhone devices.
If you want to try Google Instant, you have to access http://google.com/ on your mobile phone browser and then to click the “Turn on” link below the search box.
The Google Instant for Mobile purpose is to speed up the search process and save some precious time for you and also, offers a predicting list with what users are searching for, based on what they type. Google Instant for Mobile is available for users of Android 2.2 devices and iPhone iOS 4.
Check out the video below to find more about Google Instant for Mobile:
A new version of Twitter app for Android devices is now available and brings a lot of new enhancements and improvements.
This new version of Twitter for Android is much faster and includes Tweet details page, which can be accessed by clicking any tweet.
Along with these two, comes some nice features like:
“– Pull to Refresh: This popular feature, which was first available through our iPhone app, functions just as it sounds – when you’re at the top of your timeline, simply pull down to load new Tweets. – Swipe to Reveal: Swipe across a Tweet to get quick access to several options, such as viewing a user’s profile, sharing a tweet, or replying. – Quote a Tweet: Clicking the retweet icon now gives you the option to quote a Tweet. Of course, you can still retweet as you normally would. – Hi-res avatar photos”
This new Twitter app for Android is available for download via Android Market or by scanning the QR code below. It supports Android 2.1 or higher.