Today, the owners of T-Mobile myTouch 4G will receive one of the long-awaited updates of all time, the great Gingerbread update also known as Android 2.3.3.
These great news were announced on the official T-Mobile support forums, which says that the myTouch 4G update to Android 2.3.3 will begin with a limited pilot release on July 20th. So, this is just a testing roll-out, but T-Mobile also announced that a broader deployment to myTouch 4G users will begin in the coming weeks and will continue until the end of the year.
This new firmware update to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread will bring a lot of new enhancements and improvements:
- 2010 Exchange compatibility;
- New version of Swype.
- Bluetooth audio works better when answering a call from phone and Bluetooth is paired;
- Display is more stable and responsive during boot up or use;
- Domestic roaming data connection is more stable;
- Message inbox saves;
- Various software and stability improvements.“
This limited pilot program will enable customers who request the update to receive it right on that day, so those who requested tomorrow will get to see it at the same day, and for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G owners disinterested on this update they will eventually receive the Android 2.3.3, but they will have to wait a little more time.