Good news for all BlackBerry fans, BlackBerry has recently announced a new Bold device with the new BlackBerry OS 7, NFC (Near Field Communications) support and 4G capabilites.
Bold 9900 is the first smartphone with 4G capabilities from BlackBerry and the first that runs the 7.0 version of BlackBerry OS. The OS 7.0 “provides an easier and faster user experience with improved browsing, voice-activated searches, the ability to manage personal content separately from corporate content, as well as additional personal and productivity apps out of the box.”
BlackBerry Bold 9900 features a 2.8 inch touchscreen with 640 x 480 pixels display, 1.2 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM and 5 megapixels camera with LED flash capable to record videos at 720p resolution. For the complete list of specification check out the specs list of Bold 9900.
The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone is expected to be available on most carriers around the world,beginning this summer. No words were revealed about the price of Bold 9900.
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130 g
- 2.8″ capacitive touch screen display – VGA (640×480), 287 dpi resolution
- Ultra-easy QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- NFC technology
- 5.0 MP camera, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
- Wireless Network support:
- 9900: Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
- BlackBerry 7 OS